We had to produce during weekend 5 images A3 of our chosen item existing in the landscape that we have chosen.

I chose to work with mirrors.

For the first one I wanted to focus on the surface of a broken-distorted mirror existing in that world so I tried to create an embossing effect using aluminum kitchen foil and pieces of cardboard glued on a A3 cardboard. Then I painted it with acrylics.

20170219_201320

Pastels and graphite.

20170220_100303

Acrylics.

20170219_201342

Watercolors.

20170220_1003480

Watercolors.

For those images I wanted to use elements from both of our previous posters, as an attempt to incorporate them.

In general I don’t want to use different types of medias when I have to create a “group” of images (like watercolors, acrylics, charcoal, etc) and I prefer to stick to one. But I didn’t work like that in this case because I was trying to experiment and see in what way I could make the mirror surface more realistic. I would prefer to work with either acrylics only or pastels as our 2 big posters were made with those.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s